NTPRO 5000. Training to STCW and Beyond
- Ship handling;
- Bridge Team Management.
- Tug and barge handling operations;
- Offshore operations and DP system usage;
- Anchor handling;
- Ice navigation;
- Search and Rescue operations:
- Pilot training;
- High speed craft;
- Fishing operations;
- Naval applications;
- Vessel traffic management for certification and training of VTS personnel;
- Research projects for ship modelling, harbour and fairway design.
- Navigator competency items related to navigation bridge operations. which can be practiced and assessed using the Nan-Trainer Professional 5000 simulator;
- Plan and conduct a passage and determine position;
- Maintain a safe navigational watch;
- Use radar/ARPA and ECDIS to maintain safety of navigation;
- Respond to emergencies;
- Respond to a distress signal at sea;
- Manoeuvre the ship;
- Plan a voyage and conduct navigation;
- Determine position and resuttant position fixing accuracy by any means;
- Determine and allow for compass errors:
- Coordinate search and rescue operations;
- Establish watch keeping arrangements and procedures;
- Maintain safe navigation through the use of information from navigation equipment and systems to assist command decisionmaking;
- Maintain the safety of navigation through the use of ECDIS and associated navigation systems to assist command decision making;
- Manoeuvre and handle a ship in any condition.
- Operate remote controls of propulsion plant and engineering systems and services.
NTPRO 5000 has been designed in full compliance with the following standards:
- International Convention of Training (STCW 2010);
- IMO Models courses;
- International SOLAS Convention.
- Regulations concerning special training: fishing operations, VTS operator training, etc.;
- The simulator is approved by DNV (with class notation INTEGRATED SIMULATOR SYSTEMM NAUT AW (SIM), DYNPOS-AUT (SIM), HSC, TUG, ICE to the Class A Standard for Certification of Maritime Simutalors No. 2.14).